PLONS: Professional Learning Online Network Spaces
The word plons in Dutch describes the noise made by something splashing into a surface and is thus an apt name for the Professional Learning Online Network Spaces, which are designed to create a ripple effect, by fostering linkages between language teaching, research and practice, and shared ideas and resources between educators.
These groups are intended for foreign language educators in middle school, high school and college institutions. There will be five PLONS organized through 2023; calls to be involved in these communities will appear here periodically until then (usually in the summer preceding the activity). PLONS are usually active over one or two years.
Call for PLONS Participants:
Conceptualizing and Creating the Syllabus
Led by Beatrice Dupuy and Elyse Petit
The application to be part of this group of Language Program Directors/Coordinators and Language Educators at the collegiate level is here: https://forms.gle/fkXS2ZxerXM8LrjR8
- work independently and in collaboration with colleagues and facilitators;
- share resources and engage in discussions on syllabus design;
- workshop their syllabus based on feedback from other participants and the facilitators;
- have the option to publish their syllabus as a CARLA/CERCLL open educational resource
Some important dates
- April 21, 2023: Applications due
- April 28, 2023: Notification of acceptance
- May 29, 2023: Introductory Zoom Meeting
- August 7, 2023: Wrap-up Zoom meeting
Participation will include…
- Discussion around articles/webinars on Perusall;
- Bi-monthly video-recorded reflection;
- Sharing of resources
- Creation or Update of a syllabus for a course that will be taught in Fall 2023 and submission for peer and facilitator feedback.
There is no fee to participate in the PLONS. Interested participants should complete the application form, by the April 21st deadline.
Questions about this PLONS?
Contact Elyse Petit or Beatrice Dupuy for answers.