The Second Language Acquisition and Teaching Student Association (SLATSA) at the University of Arizona is pleased to announce the 20th Annual Interdisciplinary SLAT Roundtable, set to take place online on February 6, 2021. The theme in 2021 is Imagining the Future, Empowering the World: Approaches to Language Teaching, Learning and Research. CERCLL is pleased to cosponsor this event.
The ideas that feed this theme revolve around the facts that:
– we need to adapt the way we do our work based on the way we are living;
– we need to use our privileges, skills, positions, and knowledge to continue creating spaces of empowerment; and
– we need to celebrate the outstanding job that we have done as a diverse community that is made up of language teachers, researchers, administrators, and learners.
SLATSA welcomes proposals from all fields doing language work: teaching, learning, administration, and research. And they are particularly interested in proposals that engage with the multidimensions of L2 learning:
– Linguistic dimensions
– Cognitive dimensions
– Instructional dimensions
– Socio-cultural dimensions
– Technology and L2 learning
– Language program administration
Submission categories include individual presentations and projects-in-progress. Individual presentations are formal talks addressing original empirical research or an original theoretical investigation. They may include more than one presenter. Our unique Projects-in-Progress Symposium is for applicants looking for feedback on research (e.g., study scope, data collection and analysis methods, data visualization, coding, and write-up) that they are currently beginning or working on.
Proposal Submission Deadline: December 15, 2020
Applications to present at this event should be submitted here: http://tinyurl.com/SLATRT2021CFP.
Applicants will be notified of their submission status by the end of December, 2020.
Please send inquiries to the Roundtable Committee at: