Join us for the annual UArizona Language Fair!
The Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language and Literacy (CERCLL) will host the annual UArizona Language Fair on April 5, 2023, an event designed to raise the visibility of the wide range of languages that students study at The University of Arizona.
Departments, programs, and UA student clubs representing the languages and cultures taught at UArizona apply for small grants to fund interactive activities that showcase the languages taught in their departments and spoken in their communities. The event is open to all students, faculty/staff, and visitors to campus.
Participants in the Fair enjoy free food, games and other activities that celebrate the benefits and opportunities that come from communicating in another language.
The following languages and cultures will be represented:
- American Sign Language and Deaf Studies
- Slavic and Eurasian languages, including Bulgarian, Ukrainian, Russian, Kazakh, Bashkir, and others
With representatives from the following programs on hand, to share information about their offerings in language and culture as well:
- Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language and Literacy (CERCLL)
- Center for English as a Second Language (CESL)
- College of Humanities
- Critical Languages Program – including Cantonese, Danish, Hindi, Korean, Modern Greek, Norwegian, Scots-Gaelic, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Global Studies Program
Current students in language programs will join the fun and new ones will be recruited for Fall classes!
This event is organized through the College of Humanities, and cosponsored by the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, the Center for Middle Eastern Studies and the Center for Latin American Studies.