2023 Call for PLONS Participants:
Conceptualizing and Creating the Syllabus
Led by Beatrice Dupuy (CERCLL Co-Director, University of Arizona) and Elyse Petit (Santa Rosa Junior College, California)
The word plons in Dutch describes the noise made by something splashing into a surface and is thus an apt name for the Professional Learning Online Network Spaces, which are designed to create a ripple effect, by fostering linkages between language teaching, research and practice, and shared ideas and resources between educators.
This PLONS is open to Language Program Directors / Coordinators and Language Educators at the collegiate level. The application to participate is here: https://forms.gle/fkXS2ZxerXM8LrjR8.
- work independently and in collaboration with colleagues and facilitators;
- share resources and engage in discussions on syllabus design;
- workshop their syllabus based on feedback from other participants and the facilitators;
- have the option to publish their syllabus as a CARLA/CERCLL open educational resource
Some important dates
- April 21, 2023: Applications due
- April 28, 2023: Notification of acceptance
- May 29, 2023: Introductory Zoom Meeting
- August 7, 2023: Wrap-up Zoom meeting
Participation will include…
- Discussion around articles/webinars on Perusall;
- Bi-monthly video-recorded reflection;
- Sharing of resources
- Creation or Update of a syllabus for a course that will be taught in Fall 2023 and submission for peer and facilitator feedback.
There is no fee to participate in the PLONS. Interested participants should complete the application form, by the April 21st deadline.