University of Arizona Language Fair
April 6, 2022, 11 am to 2 pm!
The University of Arizona Mall, across from the Memorial Student Union
The Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language and Literacy (CERCLL) will host the annual UArizona Language Fair on April 6, 2022, an event designed to raise the visibility of the wide range of languages that students study at The University of Arizona. Departments, programs, and UA student clubs representing the languages and cultures taught at UArizona apply for small grants to fund interactive activities that showcase the languages taught in their departments and spoken in their communities. The event is open to all students, faculty/staff, and visitors to campus.
Participants in the Fair enjoy free food, games and other activities that celebrate the benefits and opportunities that come from communicating in another language.
- 12:00 – 12:15 PM German
- 12:15 – 12:30 PM Classics
- 12:30 – 12:45 PM Persian
- 12:45 – 1:00 PM Korean
Performances take place at the center of the Fair.
The following languages and cultures are participating in 2022:
- American Sign Language and Deaf Studies
- Slavic and Eurasian languages, including Bulgarian, Ukrainian, Russian, Kazakh, Bashkir, and others
With representatives from the following programs on hand, to share information about their offerings in language and culture as well:
- Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language and Literacy (CERCLL)
- Center for English as a Second Language (CESL)
- College of Humanities
- Critical Languages Program – including Cantonese, Danish, Hindi, Korean, Modern Greek, Norwegian, Scots-Gaelic, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Global Studies Program
- UA Study Abroad
Current students in language programs will join the fun, with new ones recruited for Fall classes!