Summer Professional Development
CERCLL's professional development opportunities in summer 2017 include a workshop series between May 30 and June 9, and a summer institute from June 27 to June 29.
Summer 2017 Workshop Series, May 30 - June 9
Visual, Media and Digital Literacies in the Foreign Language Classroom
The 2017 CERCLL Summer Workshop series will focus on the ways in which different forms of literacy can be incorporated into the language classroom.
Abstracts and other details about these workshops will be on this website in mid- February, 2017.
- May 30-31, Elyse Petit (University of Arizona), Give a Voice to Students: Implementing Digital Storytelling in Foreign/Second Language Classrooms
- June 1-2, Sébastien Dubreil (Carnegie Mellon University), Culture Frames: Using Film and Video in the L2 Classroom
- June 5, Beatrice Dupuy (University of Arizona), Digital Social Reading: Reading and Viewing Together
- June 6-7, Chantelle Warner (University of Arizona), Foreign Languages and the Literary in the Everyday: Teaching in the L2 Classroom See below for details about travel scholarships for June 6-7.
- June 8, Jonathon Reinhardt (University of Arizona), Gameful Foreign Language Teaching: Engaging Learners with Digital Insights
- June 9, Maker Day: An additional day of making materials and lessons based on the workshop series.
There is a competition for travel awards for participants attending Dr. Warner's workshop on June 6-7. The deadline to submit an application is April 17. For details about how to apply, click here.
All workshops take place on the University of Arizona campus from 9 am to 4 pm each day.
Continuing Education Certificates are provided after each workshop–6 hours each day.
Registration will open in late February, 2017.
Until April 30th, registration fees for the summer workshops are $15 per day except for June 9th which is free. (June 9th is only intended for participants who have attended one or more of the workshops between May 30th and June 8th.) Fees increase by $5 per day beginning May 1, 2017.
The fees include any materials shared by the presenters and lunch on each workshop day (except there is no lunch provided on June 9).
Refund Policy: A 50% refund is available through May 1. After that date, the fees are no longer refundable. To be eligible for the refund, all cancellation requests must be sent by email to email@example.com and must include the date(s) you wish to cancel.
If you are not already on CERCLL's mailing list, click here to add yourself. Also like us on facebook and follow us on twitter to see announcements about these workshops and other language-related opportunities.
Summer Workshop Series Archives
Time: Apr 8th, 9:00AM US/Arizona - 4:00PM, Apr 8, 2017